Here are the promises we make to each other.
Our mission is to connect and promote Engineers and Engineering.
To be a focal point for political leaders, teachers, career advisors, youth influencers and general media to explore UK engineering. To allow member companies to be more successful by engaging and retaining the highest calibre of staff.
This to be achieved via robust social media activity targeting specific groups.
Our service has been designed to enable our Member Companies, Teams and Individuals to present their work and skills to a broad audience as well as other engineering professionals, to exchange ideas, learn, and find opportunities or employees, and work in a network of trusted relationships.
The integrity of the content in promoting ‘the people aspect’ of engineering is crucial to we'rengineering.com.
We retain the right to monitor the content of all submissions and request modifications or remove content which does not match the site's aspirations.
1.1 Contract: You agree that by clicking “Join Listings” or “Sign Up” or similar registering, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with we’rengineering even if you are using our Service on behalf of an Employer Company. If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Join Listings” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services.
You and/or the Company or Team you represent are entering into this Contract with we’rengineering.
1.2 Members and Visitors: When you register and join the we’rengineering service you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Service, you may access certain features as a Visitor.
When you use the we’rengineering service you agree to all of these terms.
Your use of our services is also subject to our Privacy and Cookie Policies which cover how we collect, use, share, and store your information.
2.1 Service Eligibility: To enter into this Contract and you are at least 16 years of age or older.
2.2 Your Account: As between you and others, including your employer, your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. Public Relations or Human Resources bought by your employer), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service.
2.3 Payment: All of your purchases of Service are subject to we’rengineering’s refund policy.
We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
2.4 Notices and Service Messages: You agree that we will provide notices to you in the following ways:
a notice within the Service and/or a message sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number or physical address).
You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
2.5 Sharing :We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
Here are some promises you make to us in this Contract.
You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
You agree to fulfill your payment obligations. You understand that there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices. We don't guarantee refunds.
You’re okay with us providing notices to you through our websites, apps, and contact information your provided to us. If the contact information you provide is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
When you share information, others can see, copy and use that information.
3.0 Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to we’rengineering: As between you and we’rengineering, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Service and you are only granting we’rengineering the following non-exclusive license:
- A worldwide, right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Service, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited as follows:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Service, or generally by closing your account, except
- to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and
- for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give any third parties the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Members and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information.
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
- You agree that we may access, store and use any information that you provide in accordance with the terms of your choices.
- You agree to provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights).
- You also agree that your profile information will be truthful.
3.2 Service Availability: We may change or discontinue our Service. We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you’ve posted.
we’rengineering is not a storage service. You agree that we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content or information that you or others provide.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps: By using the Service, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organisation may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organisation were mentioned in the news.
3.4 Limits: we’rengineering reserves the right to limit your use of the Service and reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if we’rengineering believes that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Service.
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights: we’rengineering reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Service. Using the Service does not give you any ownership in our Service or the content or information made available through our Service.
Trademarks and logos used in connection with the we’rengineering Service are the registered trademarks of we’rengineering.
You own all of the content, feedback, and information you provide to us, but you also grant we’rengineering a non-exclusive license to it.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your we’rengineering profile will be truthful.
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion.
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Service, is at your own risk.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Service.
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights
4.1 Termination: Both you and we’rengineering may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services.
The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback.
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination.
Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
We can each end this Contract anytime we want.
5.0 Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, we agree to resolve it in the United Kingdom courts under British law.
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent.
If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract. To the extent allowed by UK law, the English language version of this Contract is binding. This Contract is the only agreement between us regarding the Service.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that we’rengineering has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract, or your membership or use of the Service to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that we’rengineering may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Contract.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Contract and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don't agree to these changes, you must stop using the Service.
Here are some important details about how to read the Contract
6.0 Dos and Dont's
6.1. Dos: You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated.
- Use your real name on your profile and the correct Trading name of your Employer.
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
6.2. Don’ts: You agree that you will not:
- Act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner in connection with our Service, including being dishonest, abusive or discriminatory.
- Post inaccurate, defamatory obscene, shocking, hateful, threatening or otherwise inappropriate content or airing personal grievances or disputes.
- Create a false business or personal identity on we’rengineering.
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself or your Employer or use or attempt to use another's account.
- Harass, abuse or harm another person and or Company.
- Send or post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any form of solicitation unauthorized by we’rengineering
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology or manual work) to scrape the Service or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Service
- Bypass or circumvent any access controls or Service use limits such as caps on keyword searches.
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Service, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of we’rengineering.
- Solicit email addresses or other personal information from Members or company Employees you don’t know, without authorization.
- Use, disclose or distribute any data obtained in violation of this policy
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose such as confidential information of others including your Employer.
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute the posts or other content of others without their permission.
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of we’rengineering including and without limitation,
- copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses
- using the word we’rengineering or our logo in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in our Brand Guidelines
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code
- Create profiles or provide content outside the understood professional activity of Engineering.
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes any form of terrorist propaganda.
- Create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Service or any related technology that is not open source.
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by we’rengineering without our express consent
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Service or related data.
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize any Service without we’rengineering’s consent.
- Deep-link to our Service for any purpose other than to promote your, your Employer or Team profile on our Service, without we’rengineering’s consent.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service.
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Service, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages.
- Monitor the Service’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose.
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Service.
- Overlaying or otherwise modifying the Service or its appearance.
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by we’rengineering such as its mobile applications and we’rengineering.com
- Use a Service for tasks that it is not intended for.
- Override any security feature of the Service.
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Service e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms.
We require that information posted by Company Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others.
Registered name: We'rengineering Limited Registered number: 11376447 Registered office: 37 Great Pulteney Street, Bath BA2 4DA United Kingdom Company copyright © 2020